The much-awaited 2020 Olympics is finally here, slated to start from Friday, July 23. Despite all its troubles with the pandemic and a year-long delay, the best of the best from the sporting world have gathered in Tokyo to win elusive gold medals.
Expectations are high for the Indian contingent to better at least their last performance from the previous Games and of course, make the country proud.
Mentioned below are the top events in Tokyo where we can expect our athletes to outperform the field and bag some medals. While there are no online betting options for these events just yet, it’s still worth mentioning and getting out there to support team India!
The BEST Betting Site in India!
- Cricket & kabaddi betting
- Fast Paytm Withdrawals
- Local Indian Brand
A Quick Prelude
Before we get down to the main events, let’s take a quick look at how India’s contingent is positioned for the Games ahead:
- At 120 potential medal candidates, India is sending its largest field of athletes to the Olympics
- They will be competing across 18 different sports in more than 80 medal events
- India is making its debut in fencing with Bhavani Devi becoming the first Indian fencer to qualify for the Games
- In sailing and swimming, India will have three competitors each for the first time in the Summer Olympics
- The equestrian sport will see its first Indian participant in 20 years with Fouaad Mirza
Apart from this, India is pinning its hopes on other sports like shooting, badminton, wrestling, among others.
There is some potential here to bring home more than two medals – better than the Rio Olympics – and possibly, go further to bring their best haul yet of more than six (2012 London Games).
Let’s take a look.