Paytm Betting Sites in India: A how-to guide
Using Paytm for betting is as flawless as it can get. After all, it is a big deal to see India’s first e-wallet being incorporated into the world of sports betting.
In this article, we will be discussing the following:
- Leading betting websites accepting Paytm in India
- Using Paytm to add funds to your betting account
- How to make an account
- Simple dos and don’ts for withdrawals and deposits
So, without further adieu, let’s get started!
Best Paytm betting sites in India
Mentioned below are some of the best online betting sites in India that offer cricket betting, football betting, tennis, and so much more!
You can expect to see Unified Payment Interface (UPI) as one of the major deposit and withdrawal options. In fact, Paytm is becoming a norm for these sites is just as exciting as seeing your ticket payment go through the first time on the IRCTC website!
Deposit ₹10,000 – get ₹10,000 EXTRA
- Dozens of cricket & kabaddi markets
- Accepts IMPS bank transfers
- Betting App available
Betting with Paytm? Here’s how to make a deposit
All right, here’s the deal with Paytm (or any other digital wallet for that matter) – there is a unique code like UPI ID associated with each account.
Think of this as your email ID or phone number, except they are for UPI payment interfaces. A random example would be:
It is this UPI ID linked to Paytm that you will be using to make a deposit on the sports betting sites.
Before we proceed, this is what you need for this to work:
- A Paytm account linked to your bank account (duh!)
- An account with a betting website that accepts this payment method – listed right here!
Here is how you do it:
Step 1: Create an account at the site
This is fairly easy to do and we have covered this topic extensively here at Bet India. Pick a sports site from our list of top-rated players in the industry and create an account.
Step 2: Visit deposit page and select Net Banking/UPI mode of payment
Within the deposits section, you will have access to multiple modes of payments like Skrill, Neteller and Net Banking.
Select the UPI/Wallets option.
Alternatively, you can use the UPI option by directly entering your Paytm UPI ID. You don’t need to login to your Paytm account for this, but you do need an MPIN configured.
It is like a 4-digit password to allow the UPI transaction to go through – something that all of us have used to pay on Amazon, Zomato, Swiggy, and wherever else with Paytm.
You can find the Paytm UPI ID within your Paytm account by visiting your profile section. If you don’t have one, you can also set one up easily by following this handy YouTube tutorial by the Paytm guys.
Step 3: Enter your UPI ID in the desired field with amount
After entering the UPI ID carefully, you need to enter the top-up amount and proceed with the payment. Enter your MPIN following which, you will be asked to accept a payment request from Paytm.
Accept the payment request and the money will be deducted from your account, to be transferred to the sportsbook site’.
Step 4: Place your bets
The betting site will soon confirm that your payment has been confirmed. You are now set to bet on your favourite football and cricket matches!
Withdraw, deposit, the whole world of payments and betting is at your fingertips now.
How to make a Paytm account
Paytm, through the years, has become synonymous with monetary transactions in India. Its widespread adoption and use have prompted small vendors to big players alike to install the Paytm app and link it to their bank accounts.
If you haven’t done it already, now would be a good time! After all, isn’t it easy to pay your dhobiwala with Paytm instead of with cash?
Here’s how you create the account:
- Visit Paytm’s main page and select ‘Sign Up’ and follow the instructions
- Enter your bank account details and personal details
- You will then be asked to create your wallet
- To verify your number, a 6-digit OTP will also be sent to you that you need to enter during profile creation
- You can now use Paytm as a wallet that you can refill regularly, or link it to your bank accounts and use it as a UPI.
Remember – KYC is important!
KYC is super-important for betting sites and Paytm. Unless your Paytm account is verified, you will not be able to make a deposit or withdrawal. The Know Your Customer (KYC) process set up by Paytm is easy, convenient, and hassle-free. There are two ways:
- Aadhaar Number: Select the KYC option in your Paytm account and enter the correct Aadhaar number. You will get an OTP on the number linked to your Aadhaar card. Enter the OTP correctly and your account should be verified.
- Manual Verification: Alternately, you can also have one of Paytm executives visit you and collect the necessary KYC documents for account verification like address proof and ID proof. However, given the current scenario, the same can be done online too!
Betting online with Paytm
This payment method can be used either as a wallet or as a UPI to make payments, as long as you have linked your bank accounts to the wallet and a UPI ID for the same is created.
Think of it like using the payment method for anything else – using it to pay for groceries, buying supplies, or paying the Ola cabbie for taking you from the airport to home – though if you are in Bangalore, you will most likely pay more than what you would deposit here.
Withdrawing with Paytm: what you need to know
- Similar to deposits, there may be a minimum limit on withdrawals which varies across different internet-based sports betting sites
- The withdrawn funds will reflect in your account within 24 to 48 hours
- The first few withdrawals may be free but after crossing a certain number (3-5), a withdrawal fee may be levied by the operator.
- Account verification will be conducted and a government ID proof is required before you can withdraw your winnings
Depositing with Paytm: what you need to know
- There will be a minimum deposit amount (starting at Rs.500) that varies across different betting sites
- You will need a UPI ID and a 4-digit MPIN to successfully use Paytm
- The deposits made will reflect instantly in your account
- No transaction fee is levied when making deposits
- You can use mobile phones to top up your sports betting account
- It cannot be used without verifying your account; a passport, utility bill or driving license may be used to complete KYC
Remember, when it comes to sports betting sites, ‘Paytm Karo’ and find yourself making fast, smooth payments.