Bengaluru FC best odds
Bengaluru FC have traditionally fared well in the Indian Super League. With the exception of the last season where they failed to win any silverware, they have always brought in some or the other trophy – whether it is the Federation Cup or the Super Cup.
It is for their fairly decent form and a strong squad that they have favoured by bookmakers on numerous occasions. Whether it is the ISL match or an I-League game, their pedigree has led them to start as the favourites in many matches.
Even though there are no outright winner markets available for the ISL right now, you can still bet on their individual matches. If you are looking to bet on Bengaluru FC, we recommend 10CRIC or Betway is the way to go.
Check out our 10CRIC review to see why we favour this betting site for the Indian Super League.
You can also check out our quick Payment Guide on how to make a deposit with a betting site so you are all set and ready to bet on the Blues.
This year’s ISL Bengaluru FC Predictions
To help you become successful in football betting, we are going to preview every single Bengaluru FC match in the ISL.
That said, following their uneventful performance in the ISL last season, their chances of making it to the top may not be as high as that of other teams like ATK Mohun Bagan.
Their attacking line needs a bit of work – something that we can comment on only after a few games have taken place. Of course, they are very sound defensively but you need goals to win the matches.
Our Prediction for the Season: Top-four finish in the table.
Today’s Bengaluru FC match predictions
Bengaluru FC Performance 2019-20
The 2019-20 season of the ISL saw Bengaluru FC finish at the 3rd position in the league table. It was their third such season in the Indian Super League where they finished in the top four and qualified for the playoffs.
In their entire campaign, the Carles Cuadrat led side conceded just 13 goals – lowest in the league and consequently, they were among the most defensively sound club in the season.
Conversely, they scored only 22 goals; there were only two other teams out of the nine in the league who scored fewer goals than Bengaluru.
The reason for this was the departure of the Venezuelan striker Miku – his chemistry with Sunil Chettri was impeccable in the preceding seasons. When Miku left, Chettri had to fill in the void left in the attack. Case in point – of the 22 goals scored by Bengaluru in the league, 9 came off the Indian’s boots.
In their entire campaign during the league stage, the Blues lost just 4 games while drawing another 6.
Following a 3rd place finish and a ticket to the playoffs, they were paired with Atletico de Kolkata in the semis. While BFC won the home leg with 1-0, they lost the away leg with 3-1. On aggregate, they were knocked out with a score of 3-2.
Bengaluru FC Facts
Bengaluru FC have been highly impressive since their ISL debut in 2017. Mentioned below are a few facts about the team:
- Bengaluru have qualified for the ISL playoffs every season since joining the competition – only such club to do so.
- BFC is also the only club in the league right now who have not only finished at the top of the table, but they have also moved on to the win the ISL title in the same season.
- The likes of Sunil Chhetri, Udanta Singh, Nishu Kumar, have stayed with the team for more than 4 years now.
- The Blues also hold the record of longest unbeaten run in the ISL – a feat they achieved in the 2018-19 season. They went 11 matches without losing.
- Bangalore’s goalkeeper Gurpreet Singh Sindhu had 11 clean sheets in the ISL last year – the highest in the history of the competition.
- BFC are also the first club to have been penalised for their fans’ misconduct in the stadium.
Bengaluru FC 2020-21 players
Goalkeepers: Gurpreet Singh Sandhu, Prabhsukan Singh Gill, Aditya Patra
Defenders: Juanan, Rahul Bheke, Fran Gonzalez, Harmanjot Khabra, Ajith Kumar, Joe Zoherliana, Biswa Darjee, Namgyal Bhutia, Parag Srivas, Pratik Chaudhari, Wungngayam Muirang
Midfielders: Dimas Delgado, Erik Paartalu, Suresh Wangjam, Thoi Singh, Ajay Chhetri, Naorem Roshan Singh, Emanuel Lalchhanchhuaha, Amay Morajkar
Forwards: Sunil Chhetri, Kristian Opseth, Cleiton Silva, Ashique Kuruniyan, Deshorn Brown, Udanta Singh, Edmund Lalrindika, Leon Augustin, Semboi Haokip
Captain: Sunil Chhetri
It is not surprising to see Chhetri lead the squad once again. The team has thrived under his captaincy through the years and Cuadrat has done well not to meddle with a formula that has worked well for the Blues.
Key Players: Chhetri, Opseth, Gurpreet Singh, Silva, Brown
Sunil Chhetri is a player who can singlehandedly turn the course of the match. When the attack was suffering last season, he did most of the heavy lifting to take the team to a top-three finish.
His massive experience will come in handy this season as well. However, at 36 years of age, he will need all the assistance he can get in the attack. That’s where the Norwegian Opseth and Cleiton Silva of Brazil come into play. These forwards, along with the others in the team, will be crucial in Bangalore’s goalscoring feats this season.
- Sunil Chhetri leads the charge of the Blues once again in the ISL.
Defensively, they have a solid backline – something they have retained for a good few seasons now. Singh will hold the goal, supported by Khabra and Juanan at the very least. The chemistry between the trio goes as far as the 2017 season when the club made its ISL debut.
Bengaluru FC 2020-21 analysis
Bengaluru FC have got their incredible history going on for them. Carles Cuadrat has been with the side for a good few years now, having served as the assistant coach under Abert Roca before and then taking over the head coach. In his early years, he was crucial in the team’s runner-up feat in the 2017-18 season.
He understands the BFC system and more importantly, its players. Unlike other teams where new managers are brought in every other season, the Blues have done well to create a legacy in Cuadrat. After all, it was under him that the team went on to set a plethora of records in the preceding seasons.
- They have a strong defence comprising Gurpreet Singh at goal and the likes of Juanan, Fran Gonzalez, and Khabra in defence. Cuadrat has also got plenty of other defensive options to easily rotate.
- BFC are led by Chhetri once again, whose sheer experience and motivation continues to propel the team forward.
- The Blues have done well to address the void in the attack with the addition of Kristian Opseth, Cleiton Silva, and Dehorn Brown.
- The attack is pretty much untested for the time being. Cuadrat will need to put extra effort to ensure that the attacking line is sound as the defensive one.
- In the midfield, Erik Paartalu brings a lot of experience but he is playing with twenty-something like Udanta Singh, Ashique Kuruniyan, and Suresh Wangjam.
- These youngsters, while rich in talent and energy, may lack the necessary experience needed to perform under pressure.
- Cuadrat may have to pay extra attention here to get the best out of them while nurturing and honing them as professionals.
Deposit ₹10,000 – get ₹10,000 EXTRA
- Dozens of cricket & kabaddi markets
- Accepts Paytm & G-Pay
- Betting App available
100% Welcome Bonus up to ₹2,500
- Focused on cricket for the Indian market
- Fast withdrawals with rupees
- Live streaming of matches
100% Welcome Bonus up to ₹10,000
- Fast withdrawals with cryptocurrency
- Great 24/7 customer support
- Huge range of sports to bet on
Bet ₹1,000 – get a ₹3,000 Free Bet
- Accepts Indian payment methods
- Good selection of sports
- Amazing website design