FC Goa best odds
FC Goa have enjoyed the reputation of being one of the strongest clubs in the Indian Super League. Hence, it goes on to stand that in many games, they will be starting as the favourites and enjoy good odds.
If you are looking to bet on the Gaurs in this year’s edition of the ISL, we recommend doing so with 10CRIC.
Check out our 10CRIC review right here for more information as to why we favour this operator.
The odds offered are a great price, especially considering the strong squad and the legacy of the team.
You should check out our quick Payment Guide on how to make a deposit with the operator.
This year’s ISL FC Goa predictions
First up, we are going to preview every single game of FC Goa in the ISL 2020-21.
To help you make the most of football betting, we will astutely analyse every match and give our predictions and best betting tips for those games.
That said, the team has undergone quite a few changes this season, right from a new coach in Juan Ferrando to an overhaul in the core playing squad.
The impeccable legacy left behind by Sergio Lobera will be difficult to emulate this season, considering the freshness of the squad and a possible dearth of team chemistry.
We can expect the Gaurs to run into some troubles initially before finally finding their footing.
Our Prediction for the Season: Mid-table finish (4th – 7th position)
Today’s FC Goa match predictions
FC Goa Performance 2019-20
FC Goa had one of the best seasons in the ISL last year. Under the leadership of Lobera, they finished at the top of the table with 39 points. In their campaign of 18 matches, they won 12, drew 3 and lost just 3.
The Gaurs were also among the most entertaining sides in the competition – they scored an astounding 46 goals in the league stage – 13 more than the second-highest Atletico de Kolkata.
In the playoffs, however, FC Goa buckled under pressure. They met Chennaiyin FC – in the first leg, they lost 4-1 while winning the second leg 4-2. They ended up losing the final spot by just a goal after 6-5 on aggregate.
However, the club did finish the season as the ISL Premiers and qualified for the AFC Champions League.
Ferran Corominas and Hugo Boumous were among the leading goalscorers for the team with 25 goals between the two. Both the players have now left the club.
FC Goa Facts
FC Goa have been a part of the Indian Super League since the start of the competition back in 2014. Mentioned below are some interesting facts about the side.
- FC Goa became the first Indian club to qualify for the AFC Champions League group stage
- The Gaurs are also the maiden champions of the ISL Super Cup, which they won last season
- The club has signed a strategic partnership with the German giants RB Leipzig to develop grassroots football in India and exchange technical information and strategies to develop the sport further
- In the past, the club has also featured some big names like Lucio and Robert Pires as their marquee players
FC Goa 2020-21 players
Goalkeepers: Mohammad Nawaz, Naveen Kumar, Dylan D’Silva, Shubham Dhas
Defenders: Ivan Gonzalez, James Donachie, Seriton Fernandes, Aibanbha Dohling, Leander D’Cunha, Mohamed Ali, Sanson Pereira, Sarineo Fernandes, Saviour Gama
Midfielders: Edu Bedia, Flan Gomes, Jorge Ortiz, Brandon Fernandes, Alberto Noguera, Lenny Rodrigues, Redeem Tlang, Seiminlen Doungel, Nestor Dias, Phrangki Buam, Princeton Rebello, Alexander Jesuraj, Makan Chothe.
Forwards: Igor Angulo, Ishan Pandita, Aaren D’Silva, Devendra Murgaonkar
Captain: Edu Bedia
Bedia has been a part of Goa FC since 2017 and has seen his fair share of success with the side. He understands the team’s philosophy and is admittedly the best man to continue Lobera’s legacy from within the team.
The 31-year-old Spanish midfielder has a lot of experience under his belt and it will be interesting to see how he handles the captaincy position this season.
- Igor Angulo
- Ishan Pandita
- Jorge Ortiz
- Brandon Fernandes
Juan Ferrando has got a lot of options in the attack; the only thing he needs to do now is to build coherency and coordination among his players. The 36-year-old Angulo brings in a lot of experience from his four-year-stint with the Polish side Gornik Zabrze, where he scored 80 goals in 137 appearances.
He will need to link up with the talented Indian youngster, the 22-year-old forward Pandita, who spent the last year playing with the Spanish Club Lorca FC.
Another Indian who stands out in this regard is Fernandes, who is bustling with talent and skills. He will need to find his rhythm with the likes of Bedia and Ortiz – the two Spaniards set to play a key part in Ferrando’s FC Goa.
FC Goa 2020-21 analysis
Let’s face it – the Gaurs are looking to reinvent themselves, mainly on account of the star players who have left the side this year. The winning elements from last season’s phenomenal spell have been taken apart – Boumous, Coro, Moutarda Fall, Mandar Rao Desai – all the big names and top-performers have left the building.
Even Lobera’s absence means an identity crisis for the team, something his compatriot Ferrando needs to resolve soon.
That said, not all is bleak for FC Goa. There is a lot of raw, young talent in this newly formed side.
- The recruitment of young blood from India forms a key part of the team, all of whom are eager to leave an impression
- Ferrando has done well to form a Spanish core in the side with the likes of Bedia, Ortiz, and Noguera.
- The team has a beautiful legacy and history in the ISL. Football is in the DNA of this side and in the toughest of times, they can tap into their love for the game to deliver unexpected results
- Like other newly-formed squads in the league this season, FC Goa may lack the chemistry needed to deliver the wins
- The loss of big names from the side may lead to a psychological disadvantage
- There is a new coach at the helm and it will take some time for him to find the winning formula
- Confidence and discipline may also be an issue for the side, as evident from their semifinal loss to Chennaiyin FC
Deposit ₹10,000 – get ₹10,000 EXTRA
- Dozens of cricket & kabaddi markets
- Accepts Paytm & G-Pay
- Betting App available
100% Welcome Bonus up to ₹2,500
- Focused on cricket for the Indian market
- Fast withdrawals with rupees
- Live streaming of matches
100% Welcome Bonus up to ₹10,000
- Fast withdrawals with cryptocurrency
- Great 24/7 customer support
- Huge range of sports to bet on
Bet ₹1,000 – get a ₹3,000 Free Bet
- Accepts Indian payment methods
- Good selection of sports
- Amazing website design