Mumbai City FC best odds
Mumbai City FC have always been one of those clubs in the Indian Super League that have failed to perform consistently. Through the years, it has been a journey of ups and downs for them; in a way, they are unpredictable.
Having bolstered their team under Sergio Lobero this season, it will be interesting to see how far they go.
If you are looking to bet on Mumbai City FC, we recommend doing so with 10CRIC or Betway. These two operators are known to provide highly competitive odds on the ISL fixtures and you may very well get a chance to make some good money betting on them.
This year’s ISL Mumbai City FC Predictions
To help you make the most of football betting, we are going to preview every single Mumbai City match in this year’s ISL.
Lobero, as the former coach of FC Goa, has a great deal of experience already playing in the Indian Super League. He led the Gaurs to the top of the table finish last year and subsequently, they moved on to become the runners-up.
He has brought a few players with him to MCFC to help him replicate that same form here as well.
All things considered, we are predicting the Islanders Citizens for a mid-table finish or better.
Get today’s Mumbai City FC team predictions right here at Bet India.
Our Prediction for the Season: Mid-table finish (4th – 7th) in the league
Today’s Mumbai City FC match predictions
Mumbai City FC Performance 2019-20
Last season, Mumbai City FC finished at the 5th place in the ISL table with 26 points. In the 18 matches they played, MCFC bagged 7 wins and 5 draws while losing 6 in the process. Through the campaign, they scored 25 goals while conceding 29.
They missed out on the playoffs berth by just three points to Chennaiyin FC, who finished 4th in the table.
Despite starting well in the competition, Jorge Costa’s hopes of a good run in the ISL were dampened mainly by injuries to their few main players. Had it not been the case, they would have possibly finished in the top four, just like they did in the previous season.
As for their biggest win of the season, it came over FC Goa with 5-2 – admittedly, that match was also the highlight of their ISL campaign.
Mumbai City FC Facts
Mumbai City have been a part of the Indian Super League since the inception of the tournament. They have quite a bit of history in the league; mentioned below are some interesting facts about the side.
- City Football Group – Manchester City’s parent company – owns a majority stake in the club. This is the first time that a European giant had acquired a large stake in an Indian football club.
- The 25 goals scored by Mumbai last season came from 12 different goalscorers in the team.
- They are also the first team in the ISL to beat Bengaluru FC at home and away for two seasons in a row.
- MCFC have finished in the top four twice since the start of the ISL. Their best finish came in the 2016 season when they finished at the top of the table with 23 points. However, they ended up losing to Atletico de Kolkata in the semifinal.
Mumbai City FC 2020-21 players
Goalkeepers: Amrinder Singh, Vikram Singh, Nishit Shetty, Phurba Lachenpa
Defenders: Mourtada Fall, Mandar Rao Desai, Mehtab Singh, Amey Ranawade, Valpuia, Sarthak Golui, Tondonba Singh, Mohamad Rakip
Midfielders: Ahmed Jahouh, Cy Goddard, Asif Khan, Bidyananda Singh, Hernan Santana, Hugo Boumous, Raynier Fernandes, Rowllin Borges, Sourav Das, Vignesh Dakshinamurthy
Forwards: Adam Le Fondre, Bartholomew Ogbeche, Pranjal Bhumij, Bipin Singh, Farukh Choudhary, Vikram Pratap Singh
Captain: Amrinder Singh
Amrinder Singh led the charge for MCFC last season and he may very well guide the team once again. He has been with the side since 2016 and understands the core philosophy driving the team.
Key Players: Ogbeche, Le Fondre, Boumous, Choudhary
The addition of Ogbeche to the team is a smart one; after all, the Nigerian has proved his mettle time and again with Kerala Blasters and NorthEast United through the last couple of seasons. Having scored 27 goals already in the ISL, he brings Lobero the much-needed depth in attack.
The addition of Boumous is also a smart one – Lobero has worked with him during his FC Goa days and having a familiar face in the team may make his life a bit easier.
- Ogbeche has a great goal-scoring run in the ISL.
You also have Le Fondre who has a fairly impressive resume, having played for various clubs in the tier-two English football.
Lastly, the 24-year-old Choudhary has spent the last three seasons with Jamshedpur FC. He brings in the energy and young blood to the team that is bustling with experienced players.
Mumbai City FC 2020-21 analysis
Mumbai City are no strangers to the Indian Super League; they have some experience of finishing in the top four but lack consistency on the whole. With Sergio Lobero now managing the squad, it is expected that the things will change this season for the better.
- Lobero’s experience from managing FC Goa will come in handy for a side looking to go the distance in the ISL this season.
- With him, the Spaniard has brought a few familiar faces like Fall, Boumous, and Jahouh.
- The club has retained its core, consistent players like Amrinder Singh and Rowlin Borgers.
- The signings of Ogbeche and Le Fondre strengthens the attacking line and gives Lobero the option to be versatile in the attack.
- Consistency has always been a problem plaguing MCFC.
- The new signings also mean a lack of team chemistry in the early matches; something that will resolve itself over the course of the tournament.
Deposit ₹10,000 – get ₹10,000 EXTRA
- Dozens of cricket & kabaddi markets
- Accepts Paytm & G-Pay
- Betting App available
100% Welcome Bonus up to ₹2,500
- Focused on cricket for the Indian market
- Fast withdrawals with rupees
- Live streaming of matches
100% Welcome Bonus up to ₹10,000
- Fast withdrawals with cryptocurrency
- Great 24/7 customer support
- Huge range of sports to bet on
Bet ₹1,000 – get a ₹3,000 Free Bet
- Accepts Indian payment methods
- Good selection of sports
- Amazing website design