NorthEast United FC best odds
NorthEast United FC have been a part of the Indian Super League since the very first edition. While they have reached the playoffs only once, the team has built itself an impeccable fan base in the North-Eastern part of the country.
This season, the Highlanders have undergone a good transformation and solidified their squad to fix the flaws from last year.
That said, they are still likely to start as the underdogs in matches against the bigger names like ATK Mohun Bagan, but this means they will enjoy comparatively higher odds.
If you are looking to bet on NorthEast United in the Indian Super League, we recommend doing so with 10CRIC or Casumo.
Check out our 10CRIC review to see why we favour this betting site for the Indian Super League. As for Casumo, they are quickly winning Indian hearts and have shown great promise in match odds and markets.
You can also check out our quick Payment Guide on how to make a deposit with a betting site so you are all set and ready to bet on the Blues.
This year’s ISL NorthEast United FC Predictions
To help you become successful in football betting, we are going to preview every single NorthEast United FC match in the ISL.
Gerard Nus has built a good team this season with an emphasis on defence and attack. It is only a question of how the boys will fare once the tournament picks up – temperament, consistency, and fatigue will be a deciding factor amidst all of this.
With time, we will also get clarity into the players and their ability to perform consistently in the same three venues.
If everything goes according to the plan for them, there is no reason why they cannot aim for a top-four finish and possibly, beyond.
Our Prediction for the Season: Top-four finish in the table.
Today’s NorthEast United FC match predictions
NorthEast United FC Performance 2019-20
The 2019-20 season of the Indian Super League saw NorthEast United finish at the 9th place in the table, just above Hyderabad FC.
While they conceded just 28 goals – the least in the bottom six finishers, they won just 2 matches in their campaign of 18 games. The results of the remaining 16 were evenly split between draws and losses.
Interestingly, the Highlanders started their journey on a positive note in the season with a six-match unbeaten streak. However, they miserably failed to carry that momentum forward.
They were also plagued by the loss of their striker Asamoah Gyan to an injury, leading to the club not scoring in 6 out of 7 matches that followed.
To exacerbate the matters, their head coach Robert Jarni was fired in the second half of the season and was replaced by assistant manager Khalid Jamil.
Their highlights include a 3-3 draw with Jamshedpur FC and a 2-1 win over Odisha FC.
NorthEast United FC Facts
NorthEast United are among the oldest team in the Indian Super League. Mentioned below are some interesting facts about the Highlanders:
- NorthEast United represent the eight sister states of North-East India
- The side’s best performance came in the 2018-19 season when they finished at the fourth place with 29 points
- Bartholomew Ogbeche was the leading goalscorer with 12 goals
- The NEUFC also shares an intense rivalry with Kolkata-based clubs – ATK Mohun Bagan and SC East Bengal
SC East Bengal FC 2020-21 players
Goalkeepers: Gurmeet, Nikhil Deka, Sanjiban Ghosh, Subhashish Roy
Defenders: Ashutosh Mehta, Benjamin Lambot, Dylan Fox, Gurjinder Kumar, Mashoor Shereef, Nabin Rabha, Nim Dorjee, Provat Lakra, Rakesh Pradhan, Wayne Vaz
Midfielders: Federico Gallego, Imran Khan, Khassa Camara, Lalengmawia, Lalrempuia Fanai, Pragyan Gogoi, Rochharzela
Forwards: Britto PM, Idrissa Sylla, Ninthoinganba Meetei, Kwesi Appiah, Lalkhawpuimawia, Luis Machado, Suhari Vadakkepeedika
Captain: Federico Gallego
The 30-year-old Uruguayan midfielder will be captaining the side this season. He spent the last season with the side under a loan contract, appearing in 20 games.
Gerard Nus will be relying on him to carry the team’s philosophy forward and build the chemistry with the new signings.
Key Players: Appiah, Sylla
One of the players to watch out for this season is Idrissa Sylla – the 30-year-old Guinean striker with plenty of experience under his belt. He has played in top European leagues, most notably for Queens Park Rangers in the Championship. He scored 17 goals for the London side and has also plied his trade for other clubs like Anderlecht.
Sylla will be playing side by side with Kwesi Appiah, his counterpart from Ghana. He has featured for several English sides in tier one and tier two leagues.
Nus can also rely on the likes of Fox and Lambot in defence.
NorthEast United FC 2020-21 analysis
First up, Gerard Nus may just prove himself to be a capable manager. He has worked with Rafa Benitez as the assistant coach in Liverpool and with Avram Grant to manage the Ghana National Football Team.
The Spaniard has also worked with other clubs like Rayo Vallecano, Elche CF, and clearly brings with him ample management experience.
While he has done well to build a strong side with key personnel in all positions, the lack of time in the pre-season to prepare may be a problem.
- The Highlanders have traditionally struggled to score; they have rectified the same this season with the signings of Sylla and Appiah.
- The addition of Luis Machado to the attacking mix presents Nus with much-needed versatility.
- The side has also managed to retain the goalkeeping services of Subhasish Roy, who was instrumental in the team’s defence last year.
- Considering the massive overhaul of the squad, the team may need some time to settle in and find its rhythm.
- They will need to focus more on goals, bringing in the added pressure for the Spanish manager.
- While the Indian contingent is young and full of energy, they lack the necessary experience.
Deposit ₹10,000 – get ₹10,000 EXTRA
- Dozens of cricket & kabaddi markets
- Accepts Paytm & G-Pay
- Betting App available
100% Welcome Bonus up to ₹2,500
- Focused on cricket for the Indian market
- Fast withdrawals with rupees
- Live streaming of matches
100% Welcome Bonus up to ₹10,000
- Fast withdrawals with cryptocurrency
- Great 24/7 customer support
- Huge range of sports to bet on
Bet ₹1,000 – get a ₹3,000 Free Bet
- Accepts Indian payment methods
- Good selection of sports
- Amazing website design