Forwards: Marcelo Pereira, Manuel Onwu, Daniel Lalhlimpuia, Diego Mauricio, Laishram Singh
Odisha FC best odds
Odisha FC, originally playing as Delhi Dynamos before the re-branding last year, are one of those clubs in the league that may very well prove themselves to be the dark horses.
With a few interesting results under their belt, the side looks to make themselves a formidable name this season.
There is a host of new, experienced internationals in the side who will be teaming up with the Indian youngsters.
If you are looking to bet on Odisha FC in the Indian Super League, we recommend doing so with 10CRIC or Casumo.
Check out our 10CRIC review to see why we favour this betting site for the Indian Super League.
As for Casumo, they are quickly winning Indian hearts and have shown great promise in match odds and markets.
You can also check out our quick Payment Guide on how to make a deposit with a betting site so you are all set and ready to bet on the Blues.
This year’s ISL Odisha FC predictions
Right off the bat, Odisha are going with just 6 foreign players rather than the allowed 7. With plenty of international exposure in attack and defence, there is a certain dearth in the midfield.
Secondly, the average age of the Indian contingent is under 24 years. The midfield is bustling with youngsters like Paul Ramfangzauva, Shubham Sarangi, Vinit Rai, and others.
This inexperience combined with energy and raw skills is a double-sided sword that may be troublesome for Odisha FC down the line. It is a high-risk, high-reward situation which may not be able to stand the bigger, experienced teams.
Our Prediction for the Season: Bottom-table finish
Today’s Odisha FC match predictions
Odisha FC Performance 2019-20
The last season saw Odisha FC finish at the 6th place in the table with 25 points – one of their best runs in the ISL history.
In the campaign, the Juggernauts scored an impressive 28 goals although, they did concede an astounding 31 goals in the process. Adriane Santana and Manuel Onwu were among their leading scorers, with 16 goals between the duo.
As for their most memorable matches, the 4-2 win over Mumbai City FC certainly comes to mind.
Odisha FC Facts
Mentioned below are some interesting facts about the Odisha FC side:
- The average age of the current Odisha FC squad is 23.4 years – the lowest among the 11 teams in the ISL this year
- Roberto Carlos is the club’s most successful manager; the World Cup and Champions League winner has managed and played for Delhi Dynamos
- Kalu Uche is the club’s all-time leading goalscorer with 13 goals
Odisha FC 2020-21 players
Goalkeepers: Arshdeep Singh, Ankit, Arsh Banwait, Dorronsoro
Defenders: Steven Taylor, Jacob Tratt, Shubham Sarangi, Gaurav Bora, Hendry Antonay, Kamalpreet Singh, George D’Souza, Mohammad Dhot, Saurabh Meher
Mid-fielders: Cole Alexander, Nandhakumar Sekar, Paul Ramfangzauva, Samuel Lalmuanpuia, Vinit Rai, Thoiba Singh, Isak Vanlalruatfela, Jerry Mawihmingthana, Boaringdao Bodo, Lahrezuala Sailung
Captain: Steven Taylor
Odisha FC will be playing under the guidance of Steven Taylor – the 34-year-old defender with plenty of experience in the English football. He has spent a great deal of career – 16 years – at Newcastle United, helping the team reach the English Premier League.
He has also spent a couple of years in the Major League Soccer in America and certainly has seen his fair share of the game. He will be linking up with Tratt at the back to guard the goal.
Key Players: Onwu, Marcelinho, Taylor
Marcelinho’s signing may prove to be a critical one for Stuart Baxter. He has spent his last few years in the Indian football, playing for the likes of Delhi Dynamos and Hyderabad FC. He also had a decent stint with the now-defunct side Pune City FC. The Brazilian is a clear goalscorer and will be hoping to emulate this Golden Boot run he enjoyed with the Dynamos back in 2016.
Onwu is another proven player who retains his place in Baxter’s new team. He joined Odisha FC on loan last season and since then, has become a crucial part of the side.
Odisha FC 2020-21 analysis
Stuart Baxter has gone a great length to create a team in his image. The veteran manager has made a few key international signings and decided to pair them up with young, enthusiastic Indian contingent.
The Englishman, having managed the likes of Finland and South African national teams, does know a thing or two about delivering results. He has been managing sides since 1985 in all parts of the world. His notable accomplishments include winning the Premier Soccer League in South Africa, twice with Kaizer Chiefs.
That said, Indian football is an entirely different ball game, even for him.
- The signings of Marcelinho, Alexander, and Taylor brings in the much-needed experience to the team
- Marcelinho is the trump card in Baxter’s arsenal – he is a goal-scoring machine and also happens to lead the table for most assists in the ISL
- Baxter is also fielding a young Indian contingent – if he manages to impart his playing philosophy correctly and hones the player, he may have himself a championship side
- Cole Alexander is the only international recruit in the midfield and the team may struggle there
- The team’s aggressive youth-approach may backfire if the signings fail to perform
- Odisha FC have also got only 6 foreign players on their roster
Deposit ₹10,000 – get ₹10,000 EXTRA
- Dozens of cricket & kabaddi markets
- Accepts Paytm & G-Pay
- Betting App available
100% Welcome Bonus up to ₹2,500
- Focused on cricket for the Indian market
- Fast withdrawals with rupees
- Live streaming of matches
100% Welcome Bonus up to ₹10,000
- Fast withdrawals with cryptocurrency
- Great 24/7 customer support
- Huge range of sports to bet on
Bet ₹1,000 – get a ₹3,000 Free Bet
- Accepts Indian payment methods
- Good selection of sports
- Amazing website design