Guide: How We Set Our Winning Predictions
Since cricket is such a game where a number of factors play an equally important role, the winning predictions set by us at Bet Rally India caters to all kinds of gamblers, beginners and professionals alike.
We will curate each factor and their effect on a particular match in the form of an overall guide and a few mini-guides to breakdown how you can effectively bet on a match or matches, ultimately determining the winning predictions of the game.
The cricket betting guide will act as a one-stop-shop for novices and professionals to understand the game, strategies, markets, and much more to make the process not only about winning big but also informative.
Basic Tips Before You Make Your Prediction
As we have mentioned before, prediction, especially in cricket, includes considering many factors. These factors play an important role in the possible outcome of a match played between two teams.
Here are some of the pointers to keep in mind to make an ‘educated’ prediction:
- The Pitch – Most people often underestimate the importance of the pitch and how it is before a game is being played. If a pitch is dry such as in stadiums in India and Pakistan, it is favourable to spin bowlers as it gives the ball more grip. Whereas, pitches in countries such as Australia are more favourable for fast bowlers as it creates a movement of the seam when the ball bounces off the pitch.
- The Weather – Unlike football, cricket cannot be played when there are heavy rains as it hampers the quality of the pitch. However, in cricket, the weather is not always determined in terms of hot and cold. Hence, before betting, consideration of windy weather, sultry, sunny, humid, and other kinds of weather plays an important role in the game.
- Time of Day – Matches in cricket are played during the early day, mid-day, afternoon, evening and night. Test matches are longer in duration and bets should be placed depending on the weather and which team is playing during the day as nights are usually more favourable to play the game.
- Toss – The toss is perhaps the most important pre-game factor when it comes to cricket. There have been many statistical probabilities on who can win the match, depending on who wins the toss or who chooses bowling or batting.
- Location – There is nothing more sacred than a home ground. Not many teams have remained undefeated on their home grounds. Hence, the location of the game is also important to consider while betting in cricket.
Analysis of the Team and Players
Cricket has always been a team game, however, to bet smart, you must keep an eye out for a few key players in the team who have often been a deciding factor in big games.
Betting on cricket will include how the overall team performance is in the previous games they have played and the teams they have played against.
For example, if India has played against a team such as West Indies and have won, but lost against a team such as Australia, England or South Africa, you can term their performance as average and that they might fumble in the big games due to their history.
However, in these matches, you must notice which players, batsmen, bowlers, and all-rounders have stepped up to win the match or perform well even though the match ended in a loss. The strike rate of batsmen, the economy of bowlers and both the factors for all-rounders must be a considerable factor before betting on a team.
Apart from this, the location of the match or tournament also plays an important role. If the team has been facing recent losses at home, how well they have been playing in other countries. The performance of key players at home and away is important to be checked.
Advanced Cricket Betting Strategies
Advanced betting strategies would include checking the past performance of a particular team and its players against another team in that series or tournament. However, to get a better understanding, it would also include checking the performance of the players of one team against the players of the other team across different leagues or tournaments.
For example, if a player from the Indian cricket team has an average past performance in a One-Day International against a team, you can check the kind of performance he has showcased in the Indian Premier League or the Champions League T20.
There are different criteria which come into play in these advanced cricket strategies such as:
- Has he performed better under pressure?
- If he is a top-order batsman can he hold the wicket when the team has lost many wickets?
- Will be able to convert medium-paced balls into big runs, such as fours or sixes?
- Does he play well against spin-bowlers or medium-paced seam?
These can be some of the analytical questions which can be checked on a player-level. You can also do the same analysis on a particular team.
Role of Statistics on Betting Strategies
To continue from the previous section of advance cricket betting strategies, one thing which helps you to understand these advanced strategies is statistics. In a highly competitive sporting world like now, statistics play a major role in almost every sport, especially cricket.
Each player and each team’s statistics are recorded over a period of time. There are separate records for test matches, One-Day Internationals, as well as, T-20 cricket.
Do you remember every time a batsman came to the crease, his ‘stats’ would be showcased on your screen?
- The number of matches played
- Total runs
- Strike rate
These statistics can play an important role in letting you the caliber of the player and some of the greatest cricketers have been judged on statistics. These numbers are shown in different formats such as a bar graph indicating which team has won more on a head-to-head basis, a pie chart to show where a batsman is hitting the ball in the field and also a line chart to show the comparison of the run rate per over.
For example, for the longest time, Australia had been the reigning champions in the World Cup tournaments, but a few players who had better statistics left the team or retired, then it was India who took up the mantle as India’s batting order and bowling capacity was much better than that of Australia when they won the world cup in 2011.
It all comes down to the Gut!
This is THE most perceptive part of betting on sports. Everyone has favourites, everyone has a favourite player and they might not be playing for the most favourable team. So all the statistics, numbers, graphs aside, a gut feeling is a gut feeling.
However, the best part is, the safest thing to say is, if you play with your gut, you have yourself to blame if you lose. But, if you play with the statistics and keep every factor in mind, and then lose, you can blame someone else.
However, jokes aside, if your gut feeling has a good statistical record of success, you should go ahead.
Do You Want More Exclusive Cricket Betting Predictions?
To conclude, these are some of the tips which can be helpful to bet on cricket tournaments and what you must keep in mind while understanding cricket betting.
If you think these prediction tips are helpful, you can subscribe to our website to receive timely updates and exclusive tips on betting on cricket tournaments. We also will be providing a few promotions to help kickstart your sports betting journey for the people who have followed and subscribed to Bet India by mail.
Deposit ₹10,000 – get ₹10,000 EXTRA
- Dozens of cricket & kabaddi markets
- Accepts IMPS bank transfers
- Betting App available
100% Welcome Bonus up to ₹2,500
- Focused on cricket for the Indian market
- Fast withdrawals with rupees
- Live streaming of matches
100% Welcome Bonus up to ₹10,000
- Fast withdrawals with cryptocurrency
- Great 24/7 customer support
- Huge range of sports to bet on
Bet ₹1,000 – get a ₹3,000 Free Bet
- Accepts Indian payment methods
- Good selection of sports
- Amazing website design