Fresh from back-to-back wins, the Hurricanes are the Big Bash betting favourites to beat an Adelaide Strikers side who played this very team at the weekend in their sole game and lost.
They’ll be going to battle at the Aurora Stadium in Launceston on Tuesday December 15, start time 1.45 pm IST.
Up next are the best betting tips for Hobart Hurricanes v Adelaide Strikers ahead of yet another intriguing contest Down Under.
Hurricanes to win: why is this a good bet?
Adelaide Strikers are actually 8-5 up on the head-to-head between the two over the years but the Strikers don’t look quite as strong as in previous years in terms of personnel.
Hobart Hurricanes were good value for both their wins so far, including of course against these very opponents. Key to the win was just how well the Hurricanes’ batsmen handled Rashid Khan.
The Afghan twirler normally takes a couple of wickets and goes at around 6 an over but this time he took just one wicket and went for 38 runs in four overs.
Different day, different game. But if the Hurricanes can play him that well again, they’ll have every chance of repeating their win.
Why our hot bet is so hot
Rashid Khan is always the man to beat as Strikers top bowler and there are good reasons to think we can get him beat.
As we said already, the Hurricanes took a liking to him and it may be some time before he’s fully acclimated to Australian pitches.
Peter Siddle took a wicket and went for just 29 runs so clearly the Hurricanes found him tough to face. A similar effort could see veteran Siddle go very close.
D’Arcy Short man of the match: why is this a good bet?
- Was MOM in their previous game.
- Scored 72 off 48 last time.
- Record run-scorer in this fixture with 499 runs.
- Averages 62 against the Strikers.
- Also, bowls so could chip in with a wicket.
- Hurricanes fancied to win.
Live Betting Tip
Hobart have some dangerous lower-order hitters such as Tim David and James Faulkner. If the Hurricanes bat first and lose early wickets, think about going over 165 runs on the innings runs market because there could be some fireworks from those two.
Big Bash big stats
- James Faulkner was the only bowler to take three wickets when they played at the weekend.
- The two highest scorers with the bat for the Strikers in that game were Number Eight Daniel Worrall (62) and Number 11 Danny Briggs (35).
- There have been three centuries scored in this fixture over the years: Wade, Weatherald and Carey.
Where to bet on it
So those are our Hobart Hurricanes v Adelaide Strikers tips for the game. If you’re after the best online betting sites, remember to read our reviews where we tell you which bookmakers we love and why.
Deposit ₹10,000 – get ₹10,000 EXTRA
- Dozens of cricket & kabaddi markets
- Accepts Paytm & G-Pay
- Betting App available
100% Welcome Bonus up to ₹2,500
- Focused on cricket for the Indian market
- Fast withdrawals with rupees
- Live streaming of matches