The latest Big Bash betting has the Sixers as marginal favourites to beat the Brisbane Heat when they play yet another big game in the Big Bash on Sunday, January 10, start time 1.45 pm, at the Carrara Oval.
The Sixers are still going strong while the Heat are on something of a comeback after a slow start to the season. They’ve now won each of their last three but the Sixers will be keen to stop that run and climb above their arch-rivals, the Thunder.
Up next are the best Sixers v Heat Big Bash betting tips.
Want a portion of the winnings on my Hot Bet? I’m giving away 25% of all the winnings every day!
Subscribe to Bet India’s Telegram Channel for a chance to win!
Sixers to win: why is this a good bet?
It’s true that the Heat won this encounter pretty comfortably last week, chasing 165 with a minimum of fuss. It was a real team effort where several players contributed with the 20s and 30s necessary to chase a decent, but not impossible total.
But it’s also true that the Sixers have been the better side not just this tournament but in this fixture against this very opposition. They’re 10-3 up on the head to head, which is a real beating.
The Heat deserve lots of credit for not giving up and believing they can still make the playoffs.
But this is one of the tougher fixtures in the Bash and with just that little bit more cuteness and brains when it comes to winning tight matches, not to mention the slightly better players, we have to go with the more reliable side. And that’s the Sixers.
Why our hot bet is so hot
When you think of Heat bowlers you instantly think of Mujeeb Ur Rahman and rightly so. The 19-year-old has already played 60 times for his country Afghanistan and taken part in 131 T20 games, boasting 168 wickets in the format. He’s a class act with subtle variations of pace and length and balls that turn the other way.
But this season he’s been outdone by Mark Steketee. The experienced Bash player has taken 15 wickets to Mujeeb’s 12 and has a better strike rate of 10.2 to the spinner’s 13.
It’s been an excellent season for him so far and he was the man of the match in this game a week ago after taking 4/33 so obviously has good memories of playing the Sixers.
Max Bryant man of the match: why is this a good bet?
- Heat top scorer with 210.
- Healthy strike rate of 138.
- Decent scores of 40, 15 and 31 in his last three knocks.
- Top scored for the Heat last time out with 40 in this game.
- Bigger price at 4.0 than rival Lynn at 3.25
Live Betting Tip
We all know that Chris Lynn can create some ‘Lynnsanity’ at any given moment and that means six, six, six. That can cause the bookies to overreact somewhat. If they’re batting first and Lynn is going well, it might be worth going under 170 runs because they may not get it if he gets out soon. And if they’re chasing and he’s playing some big shots, back the Sixers. If he gets out, they may really struggle if it’s a target over 165.
Big Bash big stats
- Sixers 10-3 up on head to head.
- 8 of the Sixers’ wins came batting second.
- Chris Lynn has 245 runs in the fixture, the most of any batsman. He also has 12 sixes so far this tournament in just 4 games and a strike rate of 162.
- The Heat have just four fifties in eight games.
- Jake Ball has made a poor start to the tournament for the Sixers with just 1 wicket and 85 runs conceded.
- The Sixers will go top if they win this game.
Where to bet on it
So those are our Sydney Sixers vs Brisbane Heat tips for the game. If you’re after the best online betting sites, remember to read our reviews where we tell you which betting sites we love and why.
Deposit ₹10,000 – get ₹10,000 EXTRA
- Dozens of cricket & kabaddi markets
- Accepts Paytm & G-Pay
- Betting App available
100% Welcome Bonus up to ₹2,500
- Focused on cricket for the Indian market
- Fast withdrawals with rupees
- Live streaming of matches