The latest Big Bash betting is making it almost a 50/50 affair before the Stars and the Hurricanes clash in Hobart, home of the men in purple. The match is on January 4.
It’s a big game between a Hobart side who will be thinking of a Top 2 finish and a Stars team who need to inject some momentum into their campaign after a few losses in a row.
Next up, we’ll give you our best Stars v Hurricanes betting tips.
Hurricanes to win: why is this a good bet?
The Hurricanes are higher up the table, even allowing for the fact that they have a game in hand.
Five wins from seven games plus an extra three Bash Boost points sees them sitting pretty in third on 18 points and ready to pounce.
It’s 11 points from six games for the Stars, who are out of form, after a run of three straight losses and a no-result before that. So you can easily see who’s made the better start to the campaign.
Add to the equation that Hobart are at home, that they beat Glenn Maxwell’s men easily a few days ago, and that they have the better-balanced side, especially in terms of bowling, and you can see why we fancy the Hurricanes.
The one and only thing the Stars have in their favour is a superior head to head record (9-4) but that’s not enough for us to think that the men in green are the smart choice.
Why our hot bet is so hot
Pooran is a huge 8.0 to be the Stars top batsman. The question is: why is such a brilliant batsman who can score so quickly such a big price?
The first reason is that he’s yet to top score for them this season despite going close. The second is that Glenn Maxwell has been batting beautifully and is in great form while the bookies are also showing lots of respect to Marcus Stoinis, who like Maxwell, is a short price.
The third is that Pooran bats at four or five so many not face that many balls.
All of that is fair enough but Pooran is too good a player, capable of scoring too quickly, to be those odds. Simple.
Sandeep Lamichhane Hurricanes Top Bowler: why is this a good bet?
- Took two wickets in his first match of the season.
- Knows the Stars players well after playing for them last season.
- A brilliant career strike rate of 16
- Very good odds of 4.5 for such a dangerous bowler.
Live Betting Tip
On a good wicket in Hobart, both sides should be able to post at least 170 batting first.
The Stars have a bad habit of losing early wickets with both Stoinis and Fletcher getting out without scoring many on several occasions. So if the Stars bat first, wait for an early wicket and then back them on the first innings runs market at a bigger price to get over 170.
Big Bash big stats
- Seven of the Stars’ nine wins in this fixture came batting first.
- The Hurricanes have three players- David, McDermott, and Ingram- on over 180 runs for the season.
- 10 different bowlers for the Stars have taken at least one wicket this Big Bash.
- Current Stars assistant coach Luke Wright is the only player to have hit a century in this fixture.
- James Faulkner is the top bowler in this fixture with 10 wickets. He now plays for the Hobart side but used to play for the Stars.
- Glenn Maxwell has hit 14 sixes so far, Pooran has hit 10.
- Overseas opener Andre Fletcher is averaging just 12.6 this tournament.
Where to bet on it
So those are our Melbourne Stars v Hobart Hurricanes tips for the game. If you’re after the best online betting sites, remember to read our reviews where we tell you which bookmakers we love and why.
PERFECT for Casual Players!
- Easy to sign up and play
- Fast Paytm Withdrawals
- Exciting Bollywood theme
The BEST Betting Site in India!
- Cricket & kabaddi betting
- Fast Paytm Withdrawals
- Local Indian Brand