The latest Big Bash betting is making the Sixers the favourites to get the better of the Hurricanes when they take to the field on Sunday, January 24 at 1.45 pm IST at the famous Melbourne Cricket Ground.
There’s no doubt that the Sixers look the better all-round side but with the Hurricanes you always know that you’ve got a powerful batting line-up coming at you so it may not be so easy for the table-toppers.
This is a big game with big repercussions on the table and we have some great betting tips on this Sixers v Hurricanes match.
Want daily updates for all games sent straight to your phone?
Subscribe to Bet India’s Telegram Channel for betting tips & winner predictions!
Sydney Sixers v Hobart Hurricanes H2H
Sixers to win: why is this a good bet?
They’ve had a couple of losses of late but the Sixers still look a really good all-round side.
They’re further boosted by the availability of Sean Abbott, the BBL’s second-highest wicket-taker ever and Moises Henriques who already played the last game, hitting 56, and is the Sixers’ top batsman in their history. They’re two important additions in the two areas where they were maybe struggling a bit.
The one way the Hurricanes can win the game is if their strong Top 4 get a lot of runs between them but the bowling doesn’t look like it can restrict the Sixers to a small total or defend anything that’s par or fewer.
You’d favour the Sixers to have the edge with the ball and they actually bat deeper, meaning the Hurricanes may really struggle if at least two of those four don’t get to at least 50. Add to the equation the addition of Abbott and Henriques and the Sixers get the vote.
Dan Christian man of the match: why is this a good bet?
- He scored plenty of runs with the bat already this season (203)
- A brilliant strike rate of 182.
- Clever bowling has seen him get 12wickets in 12 games.
- Has already been man of the match twice this season in 12 games.
- Excellent price as 13.0 10th favourite.
Why our hot bet is so hot
Mathew Wade is a class act when opening the batting in the BBL, forming with D’arcy Short one of the best partnerships the BBL has ever seen. He’s only played one match after being on Test duty for the past two months and only got 6 but could be ready to go here. It wasn’t so long ago that he was hitting the Indian attack around the park in that T20 series so you can see his class.
That man Short has actually had a quiet season by his standards, while McDermott is fresh from a duck. Dawid Malan at number four is after all, the Number 1 ranked T20 player in the world but a typical Wade knock of 60-odd here would mean Malan may not bat that much and it then becomes a pretty hard score to beat. Wade looks like a good choice at a big price for an opener with his record.
Sydney Sixers v Hobart Hurricanes live betting tip
The last three scores here at the MCG have been 182, 173 and 179, a testament to the fact this is a good batting wicket first up. Backing 170 runs or more on the first innings runs market should pay out irrespective of who’s batting first.
Big Bash big stats
- Sixers will go three points clear if they win and four if they also get the Bash Boost point.
- Hurricanes likely to be out if they lose.
- Dan Christian has 15 sixes for the Sixers, 5 more than anyone else despite being just their fifth-highest scorer.
- Three Sixers players are on 14 wickets: Dwarshuis, Brathwaite and O’Keefe.
- Hurricanes won by 14 runs in the first game between the two this season.
- Josh Philippe has hit exactly 50 fours this BBL.
Where to bet on today’s BBL game
So those are our Sydney Sixers v Hobart Hurricanes tips for the game.
If you’re after the best online betting sites, remember to read our reviews where we tell you which betting sites we love and why.
The BEST Betting Site in India!
- Dozens of cricket & kabaddi markets
- Accepts Paytm & G-Pay
- Betting App available
The SAFEST Betting Site in the World!
- Focused on cricket for the Indian market
- Fast withdrawals with rupees
- Live streaming of matches
India's BEST NEW betting site!
- Amazing odds on cricket
- 5 hour Paytm withdrawals
- Focused on Indian players
Minimum Deposit ONLY ₹ 55!
- Fast withdrawals with cryptocurrency
- Great 24/7 customer support
- Huge range of sports to bet on
The PERFECT Site for Beginners!
- Bank Transfer Withdrawal
- UPI, Paytm, Google Pay Deposits
- Good selection of sports
Paytm Withdrawals in 3 HOURS!
- Fast Paytm Withdrawals
- Good odds on cricket
- 24/7 customer support
A New Site with GREAT Odds!
- Accepts Indian payment methods
- Good selection of sports
- Amazing website design