T20 superstar and self-proclaimed Universe Boss Chris Gayle has just been announced as the new Ambassador for top Indian betting site 10CRIC.
Here’s what it means for you as a 10CRIC customer, while we also look back at just why Gayle is a living legend not just of T20 cricket, but all cricket.
10CRIC and Gayle team up
10CRIC is widely regarded as one of the best sports betting sites for Indian customers, is one of the sites we here at Bet India most recommend to our readers and has an excellent all-round IPL product.
That’s why so many of the tips we recommend in our IPL previews are bets we advise you to place on their betting site.
The two-time T20 World Cup winner and star man at the Punjab Kings is currently being featured in 10CRIC promos around him, which include ‘The Boss’ IPl Welcome Deal’ and ‘The Boss’ Triple Century Winners’.
The Boss’ Triple Century Winners
NOTE: This offer is only available from March 30 – April 8 2021
10CRIC have prepared a triple century offer worth up to ₹10,000, inspired by The Universe Boss’ own 333 run top score!
All you need to do to get these three boosts is make three separate deposits using the bonus codes mentioned on the website; you’ll score up to ₹10,000 in Bonuses and Free Bets, as follows:
- 100% up to ₹3,000 Sports Bonus
- 100% up to ₹2,000 Free Bet
- 100% up to ₹5,000 Casino Bonus
There are other promos that have the Gayle stamp of approval all over them such as boosted odds on IPL matches.
There will also be some exclusive content from the man himself including his views on the IPL.
How to get these bonuses
- Log into your 10CRIC account. Don’t have one? Sign up here
- Deposit a min Rs. 1,000 with the special bonus code
|CGSPORT||100% up to ₹3,000 Sports Bonus|
|CGBET||100% up to ₹2,000 Free Bet|
|CGCASINO||100% up to ₹5,000 Casino Bonus|
What makes Chris Gayle the Universe Boss?
Plenty. In addition to being arguably the greatest T20 batsman to have ever played the game, he also had wonderful Test and ODI careers well before the invention of T20 cricket and also after it was around.
Let’s look back at just a few of his achievements.
- Double Triple Centurion- To score a double century in Test cricket is an awesome achievement. Not only did Chris Gayle once famously score 333 against Sri Lanka in 2010 but he’d scored a triple century before that, getting 317 against South Africa in 2005. In doing so, he’s one of only four players to have ever scored two triple centuries in Test cricket.
- In a league of his own- Gayle is the only player in history to have a triple Test century, a double hundred in ODI cricket and an international T20 century. That’s seen as the Holy Trinity for a batsman in cricket and it’s no surprise that only he has managed it.
- Highest IPL score ever- In 2013 Gayle hit a barely believable 175 not out for RCB against Pune Warriors, the side who featured in just two IPL seasons. It’s the highest individual score in IPL history.
- Most IPL centuries- No-one has more IPL centuries than Gayle’s six, which he achieved while playing for KKR, RCB and the Punjab Kings. He scored those six across 131 matches.
- Fastest IPL century- Unsurprisingly, in scoring that 175 not out, the Universe Boss achieved other feats in the process. His century came off just 30 balls in that famous match.
- Six appeal- It’s not just that Gayle has more IPL sixes than anyone else. It’s that his 349 sixes are over 100 more than anyone else has managed in the IPL.
- Double World Cup winner- Gayle was an integral part of the West Indies’ T20 World Cup wins in both 2012 and 2016.
Gayle at this year’s IPL
You can look forward to the legendary Windies batsman featuring plenty on the pages of the 10CRIC website.
But he’s obviously got a big job to do for the Punjab Kings on the field, as well.
Last season Gayle started ‘on the bench’ as the Kings went with other overseas players like Chris Jordan, Glenn Maxwell, James Neesham and Nicholas Pooran instead.
But his introduction into the team coincided with a remarkable improvement in the Kings’ fortunes as they narrowly missed out on a Playoff place.
Gayle batted brilliantly while he played and things may have been quite different had he played all their Group Stage matches.
The Kings will have learnt their lesson and he’ll surely play from the start. They’ve also signed a pair of fine Australian fast bowlers in Riley Meredith and Jye Richardson and let go of Maxwell and Neesham, who were released after indifferent seasons.
So the Kings could have a much better season this time round. You can read our full Punjab Kings team guide for them right here.