The latest Big Bash betting is making the Perth Scorchers the strong favourites to beat the Hobart Hurricanes when they play each other in yet another big Big Bash game. This one is taking place at the Docklands Stadium at 10.35 am IST on Friday, January 22.
It’s a big game for both sides with the Scorchers looking to close in on a Top 2 finish after a superb run of form, while the Hurricanes will be desperate to win this and just make themselves sure of any sort of playoff spot.
So lots at stake and we have the best Hurricanes v Scorchers betting tips coming up for you.
Want daily updates for all games sent straight to your phone?
Subscribe to Bet India’s Telegram Channel for betting tips & winner predictions!
Hobart Hurricanes v Perth Scorchers H2H
Scorchers to win: why is this a good bet?
The Scorchers have all the tools to go all the way this year. They tick all the boxes with a fearsome Top 4, some power in the middle order, a handy spinner and some properly quick fast bowlers, the pick of which is the irrepressible Jye Richardson.
The one missing piece on the board is all-rounder Mitch Marsh, who is currently injured and his absence shouldn’t be underestimated. But they have lots of momentum after six wins in seven and crucially, lots of men in good form on an individual basis.
That’s more going for them than the Hurricanes, who look solid in the batting department but not spectacular. They’ve mostly been dependent on a couple of outstanding individual performances such as Ben McDermott’s outrageous 96 last time out. And they still look vulnerable with the ball. James Faulkner may be a bit past it but he generally takes wickets and his injury that ruled him out of the tournament has really damaged them.
Without overcomplicating things, the Scorchers look a better unit from 1 to 11 and should win this.
Liam Livingstone Scorchers Top Batsman: why is this a good bet?
- Impressive 207 runs from eight games at a good average of 26.
- Has got to 50 twice already.
- Opens the batting so guaranteed a bat while others might not get one.
- In good form with knocks of 54, 67 and 17 in his last three outings.
- Good price of 4.0 as third-favourite.
Why our hot bet is so hot
Jhye Richardson is doing his T20 World Cup chances a load of good this Big Bash with some truly outstanding performances. There are no shortage of candidates for Australia to be one of their fast bowlers with Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood, Abbott and Coulter-Nile just some of the many players who can fill that role.
He can’t have done more so far than take 21 wickets so far in 11 games to be the Big Bash’s top wicket-taker, and the key has been consistency.
Yes, he took four wickets on one occasion and three wickets on three occasions which obviously helped him be the team’s top bowler in quite a few matches.
But what’s most impressive is his consistency, now taking at least one wicket in eight consecutive matches. He’s the favourite at 3.0 but with good reason and is very much the man to beat once again.
Hobart Hurricanes v Perth Scorchers Heat live betting tip
The Hurricanes have a better batting line-up than usual with Matthew Wade and Tim Paine reporting for BBL duties after finishing the Test series against India.
Add Malan, McDermott, Short and David to the equation and they can score plenty of runs if they get going. If they bat first they should be able to get to 170.
Because the Scorchers’ bowling is so respected, you might be able to get a good price on the Hurricanes getting 170 on the first innings runs market.
Big Bash big stats
- A century was finally scored in the Big Bash after Alex Carey got one on Thursday against the Heat.
- Scorchers 7-6 ahead against the Hurricanes.
- Jye Richardson has the most wickets and the best strike rate (11.0) of any bowler in the BBL.
- The Scorchers have four players with over 200 runs and one with over 300 runs (Colin Munro) for the tournament.
- Scorchers have won six of their last seven, only losing table-toppers, the Sixers.
- Scorchers batsmen have a highly impressive 10 fifties between them in 11 games.
Where to bet on today’s BBL game
So those are our Hobart Hurricanes v Perth Scorchers tips for the game.
If you’re after the best online betting sites, remember to read our reviews where we tell you which betting sites we love and why.
The BEST Betting Site in India!
- Dozens of cricket & kabaddi markets
- Accepts Paytm & G-Pay
- Betting App available
The SAFEST Betting Site in the World!
- Focused on cricket for the Indian market
- Fast withdrawals with rupees
- Live streaming of matches
India's BEST NEW betting site!
- Amazing odds on cricket
- 5 hour Paytm withdrawals
- Focused on Indian players
Minimum Deposit ONLY ₹ 55!
- Fast withdrawals with cryptocurrency
- Great 24/7 customer support
- Huge range of sports to bet on
The PERFECT Site for Beginners!
- Bank Transfer Withdrawal
- UPI, Paytm, Google Pay Deposits
- Good selection of sports
Paytm Withdrawals in 3 HOURS!
- Fast Paytm Withdrawals
- Good odds on cricket
- 24/7 customer support
A New Site with GREAT Odds!
- Accepts Indian payment methods
- Good selection of sports
- Amazing website design