The latest Big Bash betting has the Scorchers as slight favourites to beat the Sydney Sixers when they face off for a place in the final on January 30, start time 1.45 pm IST at the Manuka Oval, in Canberra.
A reminder that this is the Qualifier, between the Top 2 teams from the Group Stages. The winner of this goes straight to the final, the loser will get a second bite of the cherry at making the big game but both sides will want to get the job done at the first time of asking.
Huge game between the sides who have been the best in the competition so far and we have the best Sixers v Scorchers betting tips.
Want daily updates for all games sent straight to your phone?
Subscribe to Bet India’s Telegram Channel for betting tips & winner predictions!
Sydney Sixers v Perth Scorchers H2H
Sixers to win: why is this a good bet?
That defeat to the Heat, where they also failed to take a Bash Bonus Point, could prove to be costlier than it at first seemed for the Scorchers. Not only did it rob them of a home Qualifier game at Perth, where they’re so dangerous, but also exposed some weaknesses.
They were expensive in the first few overs and for once their top-order batting didn’t fire.
Instead, it was a case of Number 5 batter Mitch Marsh trying to remedy the situation with some late big hits. He almost got there but a failure to hit the last ball of the innings for six meant they fell just short.
So basically, there are a few reasons why we’re siding with the Sixers. They should prefer the wicket, they’ll feel confident after topping the group and will remember they beat the Scorchers the last time they met, executing a good chase of 163 with seven balls to spare.
The Sixers have created a really good habit of winning in close chases and they may need another of those efforts right here but they look like a slightly better all-round team. The fact they’re the outsiders also helps matters because we get better odds.
Andrew Tye Scorchers Top Bowler: why is this a good bet?
- Second-top wicket-taker (17) behind Jhye Richardson (27) but a bigger price as a result: Richardson is 3.25, Tye is 3.75.
- Top wicket-taker in this fixture with 19 wickets.
- Returned 3 of the 5 best bowling figures in this fixture with: 4/20, 4/21 and 3/15.
- The Manuka Oval wicket could suit him better than the fast wicket at Perth.
Why our hot bet is so hot
After a somewhat indifferent start to the campaign, Jordan Silk has really found his groove of late. In a team where lots of players have grabbed plenty of runs, he’s been their second highest-scorer (365) behind only Josh Philippe (454) who has the obvious advantage of opening the batting.
What we really like about this bet is his recent form. He got 42 against the Thunder, missing out to Moises Henriques who got 56. He then top-scored with an excellent 78 in a losing cause against the Hurricanes at big odds before almost doing the same again against the Stars. On that occasion his 35 not out was triumphed by Dan Christian’s 49 right at the end.
So Silk should give us a good chance at very decent odds of 7.0.
Sydney Sixers v Perth Scorchers live betting tip
If you don’t want to bet on them before the game, there should be a good Livebet chance for you. No team has mastered the close chase like the Sixers. If they’re chasing 160 or so and look in a spot of bother, you can back them at around 2.5 to win the game. With the likes of Silk, Christian and Brathwaite, they’ve got the skills and experience.
Big Bash big stats
- Scorchers 11-7 up on head to head.
- Sixers beat the Scorchers in the last game, also played here at Manuka.
- Moises Henriques is the highest scorer in this game with 341 runs.
- Sixers won the Group Stages by beating the Scorchers by just one point.
- Ben Dwarshius is the Sixers’ top wicket-taker with 19 but has been expensive at 8.69 runs an over.
- The Sixers’ topo batsman Josh Philippe, the BBL’s second-highest scorer, is in poor form with 20, 12 and 1 in his last three knocks.
Where to bet on today’s BBL game
So those are our Sydney Sixers v Perth Scorchers tips for the game.
If you’re after the best online betting sites, remember to read our reviews where we tell you which betting sites we love and why.
The BEST Betting Site in India!
- Cricket & kabaddi betting
- Fast Paytm Withdrawals
- Local Indian Brand
The BEST ODDS in India!
- Amazing odds on cricket
- 5 hour Paytm withdrawals
- Focused on Indian players
The SAFEST Betting Site in the World!
- Focused on cricket for the Indian market
- Fast withdrawals with rupees
- Live streaming of matches
E-Wallet Withdrawals in 1 HOUR!
- Accepts Indian payment methods
- Good selection of sports
- Amazing customer support
Paytm Withdrawals in 15 MINUTES!
- Fast withdrawals with cryptocurrency
- Great 24/7 customer support
- Huge range of sports to bet on
Paytm Withdrawals in 3 HOURS!
- Fast Paytm Withdrawals
- Good odds on cricket
- 24/7 customer support