Sydney Sixers v Perth Scorchers Betting Tips & Predictions
The latest Big Bash betting has the in-form Perth Scorchers as favourites to beat the table-topping Sydney Sixers. They’ll play each other at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Saturday January 16, with a 1.10 pm IST start.
The Scorchers have been the in-form team over the past few weeks, putting together five wins in a row. However, they were on home soil for all those and they now travel to Sydney where it’s the Sixers who will know the ground inside out. These are arguably the two best sides in the competition and this should make for a great game.
The best Sixers v Scorchers betting tips are up next.
Today’s Sydney Sixers v Perth Scorchers winner prediction
Here’s what we make of it all.
|Sixers to win||2.0||Casumo|
More Sydney Sixers v Perth Scorchers betting tips
|Toss winner: Sixers||1.83||10CRIC|
|Carlos Brathwaite Sixers Top Bowler||4.0||10CRIC|
OUR HOT BET
|Colin Munro Scorchers Top batsman||4.0||10CRIC|
Want daily updates for all games sent straight to your phone?
Subscribe to Bet India’s Telegram Channel for betting tips & winner predictions!
Sixers to win: why is this a good bet?
The Scorchers have been flavour of the month since playing their matches at home in Perth, where they’ve put a remarkable run of five wins together. They’ve taken lots of wickets thanks to the army of fast bowlers they possess, where Jye Richardson has been particularly good. Their star-studded batting line-up has then taken turns to play winning knocks with all of Roy, Munro, Livingstone, Marsh and Inglis making contributions.
All well and good but they have three problems ahead of this game. 1. They’re no longer at home and will have to adapt to different conditions. 2. Mitch Marsh has an injury so at best may just play as a batsman, robbing them of good balance, at worst he may not play at all and will be sorely missed. 3. The Sixers are the best side in the competition if only because they’re too of the table.
So this is a big challenge for Perth and given the Sixers have found new ways to win from tough positions all season, we have to favour them.
Carlos Brathwaite Sixers Top Bowler: why is this a good bet?
- Joint-second highest wicket-taker of the Sixers with 11 wickets.
- Just about the only Sixers’ bowler guaranteed to play.
- Took 4-18 two matches ago.
- Sydney wicket will suit his bowling.
- Bigger price at 5.0 than O’Keefe (4.0), Dwarshuis (4.35), Ball (4.35) and Bird (4.5).
Why our hot bet is so hot
Colin Munro missed the last game with a slight injury and as it happens, they didn’t need him, chasing the Hurricanes’ low total with a minimum of fuss. But the opening pair of Roy and Livingstone may not always have things their own way.
Munro was on a brilliant run before missing out with that niggle, scoring 52, 50 and 50 in the three games before that injury, which would be enough to be his side’s top batsman in most matches. As it happens, he only won as top batsman in one of those three games but it does show just how well he’s playing right now.
With Mitch Marsh possibly not playing, he has one less good batter to beat, but he’s such a good player that he doesn’t even need to worry too much about what the others are doing.
Sydney Sixers v Perth Scorchers Live betting tip
The Sixers have made some slow starts lately, with Jack Edwards, Justin Avendano and James Vince taking their time to get going. But Dan Hughes, Jordan Silk and Dan Christian, in particular, can accelerate towards the end. If the Sixers bat first, a slow start shouldn’t stop them from getting to 170 on their home ground, so bet accordingly on Live Betting in the first innings runs the market.
Big Bash big stats
- Scorchers 11-6 up on head to head and particularly dangerous when they chase, winning 7 out of 11 batting second.
- Scorchers won this game by 80-odd runs when they played a week ago but that was in Perth.
- Craig Simmons (retired) is the only player to hit a century in this fixture.
- There have still been no centuries in the BBL this year.
- Andrew Tye has a strong record in this game with 19 wickets.
- The Sixers’ Josh Philippe is the BBL Top run scorer with 337 runs.
- Jye Richardson of the Scorchers is the joint top bowler with 18 wickets.
Where to bet on today’s BBL game
So those are our Sydney Sixers v Perth Scorchers tips for the game.
If you’re after the best online betting sites, remember to read our reviews where we tell you which betting sites we love and why.
Deposit ₹10,000 – get ₹10,000 EXTRA
- Dozens of cricket & kabaddi markets
- Accepts Paytm & G-Pay
- Betting App available
100% Welcome Bonus up to ₹2,500
- Focused on cricket for the Indian market
- Fast withdrawals with rupees
- Live streaming of matches
100% Welcome Bonus up to ₹10,000
- Fast withdrawals with cryptocurrency
- Great 24/7 customer support
- Huge range of sports to bet on
Bet ₹1,000 – get a ₹3,000 Free Bet
- Accepts Indian payment methods
- Good selection of sports
- Amazing website design