Adelaide Strikers v Sydney Thunder Betting Tips & Predictions
The latest Big Bash betting has the Thunder as favourites to get the better of the Strikers when they play what will be their final Group game on Monday, January 25, start time 1.45 pm IST at the Adelaide Oval, the Strikers’ home ground.
It’s a huge game with the winner guaranteed a Playoff place, while the loser could well miss out altogether. This is Round 2 after the teams played each other yesterday, on Sunday, a game the Strikers won by just 6 runs.
So a big game that will decide a lot and we have the best Strikers v Thunder tips coming up right now.
Today’s Adelaide Strikers v Sydney Thunder winner prediction
Here’s what we make of it all.
|Strikers to win||1.8||Casumo|
More Sydney Thunder v Adelaide Strikers betting tips
|Toss winner: Thunder||1.83||10CRIC|
|Alex Hales Thunder Top Batsman||3.25||Betway|
OUR HOT BET
|Jake Weatherald Strikers Top Batsman||4.5||10CRIC|
Want daily updates for all games sent straight to your phone?
Subscribe to Bet India’s Telegram Channel for betting tips & winner predictions!
Strikers to win: why is this a good bet?
The Strikers showed there’s life after Rashid Khan with a brilliant bowling display against this very same Thunder side on Sunday, which they won. The brilliant legspinner may be gone but the likes of Peter Siddle, Wes Agar, Michael Neser and Danny Briggs made up for it. With their batting re-enforced by the availability of Travis Head, they could yet go pretty far in this tournament.
That’s to worry about another day because the only thing they’ll be worried about here is winning this game. Right now they look better balanced and whereas both sides can bat pretty well, the Strikers have the edge with the ball, especially now that Daniel Sams is injured for the Thunder.
The other big advantage they have is that they’re at home so will have a better idea of what the wicket will do, what a par score is and which areas to target for scoring. That alongside the fact they won on Sunday means we should side with the men in blue.
Alex Hales Thunder Top Batsman: why is this a good bet?
- Top runscorer in the competition with 472.
- Strike rate of 163 means he’ll always get his runs quickly.
- In excellent form with a 54 and a 110 in his last four matches.
- Opens the batting which will helps his chances in a rain-reduced game.
Why our hot bet is so hot
After batting down the order during the tournament, Jake Weatherald is back at the top and opening with Alex Carey now. He’s actually only won this betting market once this season when he got 51against the Renegades but his chances are vastly improved by returning to the top of the order.
Despite not opening for four or five games, he’s still the team’s second-highest runscorer with 321; only Alex Carey with 410 has more.
The Thunder can be a bit sloppy with the ball on occasions and if Weatherald starts well and gets to 50-odd, he’ll have a great chance. An extra reason why this is a good bet is that there’s rain sound so the match could be reduced overs; even more reason to go with an opener.
Adelaide Strikers v Sydney Thunder live betting tip
The Thunder have struggled with their middle order of late with the likes of Oliver Davies and Callum Ferguson, not at their best and badly missing Daniel Sams with those big hits. So if they lose their openers, they could in trouble, whether that’s batting first where a good bet might be that they don’t get to 165, or whether they’re chasing a score. If they see the back of Hales and Khawaja, oppose the Thunder.
Big Bash big stats
- Three Strikers batsmen top-scored with exactly 31 last time out: Weatherald, Salt and Head.
- Man of the man Peter Siddle returned figures of 22-2 on Sunday.
- No Heat batsman got to 50 in that game with Khawaja top-scoring with just 36.
- The Thunder substituted Tanveer Sangha in the last game using the X-Factor rule despite him being their top wicket-taker with 20.
- Neil McAndrew has played 12 games for the Thunder despite having an economy rate of 10.02.
- Alex Hales is the top scorer in the BBL after 13 matches despite hitting just two fifties.
Where to bet on today’s BBL game
So those are our Adelaide Strikers v Sydney Thunder tips for the game.
If you’re after the best online betting sites, remember to read our reviews where we tell you which betting sites we love and why.
Deposit ₹10,000 – get ₹10,000 EXTRA
- Dozens of cricket & kabaddi markets
- Accepts Paytm & G-Pay
- Betting App available
100% Welcome Bonus up to ₹10,000
- Fast withdrawals with cryptocurrency
- Great 24/7 customer support
- Huge range of sports to bet on
100% Welcome Bonus up to ₹2,500
- Focused on cricket for the Indian market
- Fast withdrawals with rupees
- Live streaming of matches
Welcome Bonus up to ₹10,000 EXTRA
- Bank Transfer Withdrawal
- UPI, Paytm, Google Pay Deposits
- Good selection of sports
- 24/7 customer support
Bet ₹1,000 – get a ₹3,000 Free Bet
- Accepts Indian payment methods
- Good selection of sports
- Amazing website design