Brisbane Heat v Melbourne Renegades Betting Tips & Predictions
The latest Big Bash betting has the Heat as strong favourites to beat the Renegades when they clash on Thursday, January 13 at 1.45 PM IST at the Docklands Stadium.
For the Heat it’s a chance to recover from a heartbreaking last-ball defeat to the Sixers last time out, get back to winning ways and climb up the table again, against weak prey. For the Renegades, it’s a chance to recover some dignity after what has been a nightmare campaign.
Here are the best Heat v Renegades betting tips ahead of yet another exciting BBL game.
Today’s Brisbane Heat v Melbourne Renegades winner prediction
Here’s what we make of it all.
|Heat to win||1.77||Casumo|
More Brisbane Heat v Melbourne Renegades betting tips
|Toss winner: Heat||1.83||10CRIC|
|Mark Steketee for Heat Top Bowler||4.5||10CRIC|
OUR HOT BET
|Chris Lynn man of the match||7.0||10CRIC|
Want daily updates for all games sent straight to your phone?
Subscribe to Bet India’s Telegram Channel for betting tips & winner predictions!
Brisbane Heat v Melbourne Renegades H2H
Heat to win: why is this a good bet?
The Brisbane Heat had a good run that came to an end against the Sixers. But at least they were very competitive all the way through. Their 148 was below par but they made a real fist of trying to defend that, losing on the last ball of the game. It shows they’re a much-improved side with decent weapons, the biggest of which is skipper and six-hitter extraordinaire, Chris Lynn.
Unfortunately, they’re now without Mujeeb Ur Rahman, their best bowler, but then again the Melbourne Renegades are without Afghan team-mate Mohammad Nabi, so it sort of evens itself out.
They’ll feel they’re still in with a chance of making the playoffs so are extra motivated while the Renegades sort of know their race is run. That could make a difference but the even bigger difference is that the Heat are a better side. Simple.
Mark Steketee for Heat Top Bowler: why is this a good bet?
- Team’s highest wicket-taker with 15.
- A brilliant strike rate of 11.
- No Mujeeb Ur Rahman to beat because he isn’t playing.
- Has taken at least one wicket in each of his last 7 games.
- Fourth favourite at 4.5 despite being the team’s top bowler.
Why our hot bet is so hot
You’d think the Heat would have been in a much stronger position had Chris Lynn not missed a load of games through injury.
Despite playing just five times when others in the Heat have played nine, he’s still the team’s top scorer with 223 runs at an average of 44 with a superb strike rate of 151.
In those five appearances, he was top scorer for his side three times and won one man-of-the-match award, proof of just how good he is and how he’s consistently his side’s best player.
In a team that’s a proper team, he’s the standout player in that he’s their x-factor player. The perfect ingredient then to win man of the match.
Brisbane Heat v Melbourne Renegades Live betting tip
One of the consistent factors in the Heat’s campaign has been how many wickets they’ve lost in the middle overs. But losing wickets doesn’t mean they can’t score runs.
Even if they keep on losing wickets batting first, they’ll still score boundaries and rotate the strike.
So don’t be afraid to back them to get to 160 batting first on live betting in the first innings runs market, because the Renegades bowling attack isn’t particularly strong.
Big Bash big stats
- Of the 59 wickets the Heat have taken, 30 were taken between Steketee (16) and Mujeeb (14), who isn’t playing.
- Lynn has top scored 3 times in 5 games for the Heat this season.
- Lynn is the only Heat player with two fifties this BBL.
- Renegades’ skipper Aaron Finch, one of the best T20 batsmen in the world, is averaging just 18 with no fifties in 8 games.
- The Renegades have just two wins from nine games and an atrocious net run rate of -2.552.
Where to bet on today’s BBL game
So those are our Brisbane Heat v Melbourne Renegades tips for the game.
If you’re after the best online betting sites, remember to read our reviews where we tell you which betting sites we love and why.
Deposit ₹10,000 – get ₹10,000 EXTRA
- Dozens of cricket & kabaddi markets
- Accepts Paytm & G-Pay
- Betting App available
100% Welcome Bonus up to ₹2,500
- Focused on cricket for the Indian market
- Fast withdrawals with rupees
- Live streaming of matches
100% Welcome Bonus up to ₹10,000
- Fast withdrawals with cryptocurrency
- Great 24/7 customer support
- Huge range of sports to bet on
Bet ₹1,000 – get a ₹3,000 Free Bet
- Accepts Indian payment methods
- Good selection of sports
- Amazing website design