Big Bash betting has made the Hurricanes favourites to beat the Renegades when the Big Bash returns on Saturday December 19 at 05:40 am IST at the Bellerive Oval.
It’s an important game as the Hurricanes look to build on a decent start, while the Renegades are one from two and in search of a boost up the table. The Hurricanes v Renegades best bets are up next.
Renegades to win: why is this a good bet?
The head-to-head record between these two is very tight with the Renegades just about edging it 6-5.
Here at BetIndia we always look for opportunities to side with the outsiders and we think this is a good one.
The Hurricanes were good value for their two early wins but were exposed against the Thunder last time out, allowing a Daniel Sams and Ben Cutting onslaught when they had the game in their hands. It exposes a vulnerable-looking bowling attack. That, in addition to the strength of the Finch/Marsh opening partnership for the Renegades, makes the outsiders the bet.
Why our hot bet is so hot
Josh Lalor is one of the Big Bash’s best-kept secrets. At least from a cricket betting point of view.
As it happens, he’s actually one of four Renegades players already on four wickets for the tournament.
But more important than that is his career strike rate of 18.6 across 55 T20 games. That’s excellent by any standards and the experienced 33-year old should go very close to being the Renegades top bowler here once again.
Colin Ingram Hurricanes Top Batsman: why is this a good bet?
- Highest run scorer in the side.
- Should bat at 3 or 4 so lots of time to score runs.
- Has looked in great form in addition to scoring lots of runs.
- Much bigger price at 5.0 than main rival D’Arcy Short, who is just 3.0.
Live Betting Tip
With Mohammad Nabi and Benny Howell now making up a very strong lower-middle order for the Renegades, they have some proper firepower. Assuming they’re not completely out of the game when chasing, the Renegades could be a good bet at big odds if they’re batting second and those two are at the crease.
Big Bash big stats
- Aaron Finch is the Renegades’ Top Batsman in this fixture over the years with 422 runs.
- Ben McDermott is the Hurricanes’ Top Batsman over the years with 326 runs.
- McDermott is the only player to have scored a century in this fixture.
- James Faulkner is the Hurricanes’ best bowler by a country mile so far with seven wickets and an economy rate of just 6.5.
Where to bet on it
So those are our Hobart Hurricanes v Melbourne Renegades tips for the game. If you’re after the best online betting sites, remember to read our reviews where we tell you which bookmakers we love and why.
The BEST Betting Site in India!
- Dozens of cricket & kabaddi markets
- Accepts Paytm & G-Pay
- Betting App available
The SAFEST Betting Site in the World!
- Focused on cricket for the Indian market
- Fast withdrawals with rupees
- Live streaming of matches